Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Night photography

While in Lugano, Switzerland, I got interested in night photography. If the pictures come out right, they beat the daylights out of daytime photgraphy. I have put up a few samples earlier, and here are some more:



The Lugano harbour at night. There is an excellent ice-cream parlour on my right. Too bad you weren't there.



Central Lugano. The first building on the left is where I was politely refused access to the internet by the helpful five star hotel staff. "Come on you are in Hyundai Getz, not even an E-class Mercedes!"



Inner and outer courts of St. Johns college in Cambridge University. The wierd angle is because night photography requires long exposures, mandating a still camera. Because of the vagaries of age, my hands are not that still anymore, so I need the support of solid ledges. The ledges in Cambridge, though solid, are predominantly of a skewed character.

I was going to show you a bit of Aland, but that is for some other time. The innards grumble in protest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home