Sunday, August 28, 2011

Anna Mania IV

Now, that the ministers are back home licking their wounds and sniffing for escape routes, let me temporarily relax in the warm glow of Anna's victory. I shall do so by turning on the heater, and recalling some of the more splendid slogans that I heard over the past week:

We begin with number three on my list:

Woh sarkar bikau hai, Kapil Sibal jiska tau hai.

Ho Ho Ho. Serves bushy eyebrows right. Where is he by the way? Slunk away for a threading or something?

Coming up next, a fair question that was asked of the forty year old "youth leader" by the rallying IT workers on their march from the India Gate to the Ramlila ground:

Desh ka yuva yahan hai, Rahul Gandhi kahan hai?

He was, of course, following close in the heels of some of the late dysfunctional Mughal emperors, who, in times of strife in N. India, say a visit from an unfriendly neighbor immediately went on official tours to the Deccan. Rahul baba was shaking hands with Chirajeevi in Hyderabad.

Also, coming in second, a fair assessment of Rahul baba's slick exit:

Desh ka yuva jaag gaya, Rahul Gandhi bhaag gaya.

he he he. Calling Rahul a youth leader at 40 reminds me always of that movie, The Forty Year Old Virgin. Maybe that is what his biography will be called, The Forty Year Old Youth, or, I do prefer, How to grow old into a youth icon, or, Youth I Con, or, Youth icon at 40, or, simply, Baba at 40.

And, now, people, the number one, the numero uno, the one that makes my day, everyday, no matter what my equations say:

Woh sarkar nikkammi hai, Sonia jiski mummy hai.

Classic! The person who coined this deserves a Booker. Take Arundhati's away, in case you can't convince the judges.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home