Friday, October 20, 2006

A cow powwow

An acquaintance of mine popped over to India. He came back and asked, what must have seemed to him, a rather pertinent question, "Why do you (Indians) have so many cows on the road?"

I must say he had an eye for detail. Only poetry has the power to counter such insightful obsoivashuns.

I once looked up into the sky,
And a bird shat in my eye,
But, I didn't fret, nor did cry,
I thanked Him, who rolled this Earthly die,
For, I am so glad that cows don't fly.

Really, we do prefer them on the roads.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

And since Gai Humari Mata Hai, this is the form of respect bestowed towards her!

These beef-eating carnivores would never understand!

5:31 AM  
Blogger i said...

Or, maybe, the carnivores did understand, and thought that ingesting the cow would be the best way to ground its flight.

4:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Not that you didn't have a ready wit during college days, but these days your wit is par execellence!

4:54 AM  
Blogger i said...

Living alone makes me practice a lot to keep myself entertained. Because you so enjoy this purported wit, it just proves my thesis that we two are but one soul, separated by time, space and your wife.

3:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ha ha ha. And now my kid too :-)

11:03 AM  
Blogger Abhinav Nigam said...

good part - who wants to burn gallons of gas to see a cow... Harsh saw it for the first time when he saw one infront of the exit of IGI

5:46 PM  
Blogger i said...

Harsh (a friend's baby boy in Japan) had proably till then only seen the cow as something red squishy and smelly.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home